The majority of hearing aids wearers sought help because they were tired of asking others to repeat themselves, or they found themselves avoiding noisy restaurants, having trouble in conversation, or continually turning up the volume on the television.
A hearing aid is an electronic device that is worn in or behind the ear that amplifies and modulates sound. These devices have a microphone to receive sound, an amplifier to increase the power of the sound signals, and a receiver to project the sounds to the ear. Hearing-aid technology has made impressive strides in the last few years. Manufacturers have developed hearing aids that are significantly smaller in size and able to provide greater satisfaction in noisy social settings.
When it comes to selecting a hearing aid, believe it or not, your most important decision is finding a caring professional. Advanced Hearing Group offers a wide variety of hearing aids styles and manufacturers representing the very best technology. We help you select the style and type of hearing aid that works best with your type hearing loss and fits best into your lifestyle.
We proudly carry the following hearing aids:
DID YOU KNOW?
Hearing aids differ in size and the degree to which they amplify sound. There are many styles of hearing aids. It is important to consult with your audiologist to ensure that your selection matches both your lifestyle and your degree of hearing loss. Not all hearing aids are appropriate for every level of loss.
Canal receiver technology (CRT)
- This style includes an ultra-small, lightweight, behind-the-ear (BTE) piece and a nearly invisible wire delivering sound to the ear.
Open behind-the-ear (BTE)
- This style includes a behind-the-ear (BTE) piece attached to a slim, clear tube that delivers sound to the ear.
- This style includes a behind-the-ear (BTE) piece using a tube to attach it to a customized ear mold that fits securely into the ear.
- Earmolds can vary in size, material and color depending on hearing loss and patient preference.
- Because they are larger, BTEs can accommodate bigger batteries for longer life and larger amplifiers for maximum amplification for people with a more severe hearing loss.
- This style is the smallest custom hearing aid available, the CIC fits deeply inside the ear canal making it almost invisible and very discreet.
- This style is custom-made to fit almost entirely inside the ear canal, making them difficult to notice.
Half shell (ITE)
- This style is custom-made to fit securely in your outer ear, ensuring optimum performance and maximum comfort.
Full shell (ITE)
- This style is custom-made to fit securely and comfortably in the outer ear making it more suitable for people with dexterity challenges.
- Larger in size than the half shell and accommodates larger batteries required for longer life.